Monday, December 20, 2010

Cornbread Corn Casserole

I am well on my way to meeting my 2010 New Year's Resolution. While I don't know if this blog has spurred any one's interest in making a new dish or trying something new, it certainly has kept me on my toes and pushes me to create new dishes for my family instead of the same old tired dinners every night.

I came across a recipe from a few years ago and thought that it would go well with my Number 15  - the Taco Soup. It is a delicious recipe for Cornbread Corn Casserole. In fact, it would be a nice addition to a Christmas Ham, too! These are ingredients you can easily keep around the house for a quick addition to any weekday dinner.

Cornbread Corn Casserole
By: Sara, Laura's Friend
Number 47

Ingredients
1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 can of creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
shredded cheese (optional)

Directions
Mix all ingredients except cheese in a 9x13 casserole dish.
Sprinkle cheese on top, if desired.

Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked in center.

Enjoy!

Happy Days!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment