Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Punch

I love punch!

This past week, I attended a Christmas Sweet Swap at the beautiful home of my friend, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth served soup and salad (a Julia Child soup, I might add!) and we provided the sweets for the swap! As an extra added bonus, Elizabeth served a wonderful Christmas punch. I truly would love to serve this on Christmas day, so I am currently figuring a way to have tow punch bowls, one for the egg nog and one for this punch!

You can see Elizabeth's original post here.

Janeen’s Cranberry Christmas Punch
Laura's Number 44
by Janeen, Elizabeth’s friend


What’s a party without punch? My Phi Mu sister Janeen served this yummy Christmas punch at an ornament exchange I attended at her home. The recipe was a keeper! You can mix most of the ingredients ahead of time and add the ginger ale just before serving.


Mix:
2 quarts Cranberry Juice Cocktail, chilled
1 60z can frozen orange juice concentrate thawed (half size can)
1 6oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 tsp. almond extract or 1/4 cup amaretto

Add before serving:
1 liter ginger ale, chilled
handful of fresh cranberries
slices of a lemon and an orange

Happy toasting!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment