Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

Last week I made this for my family and they "gobbled" it up before I could even take a picture! This easy chicken and dumplings was shared with me by a friend a few years ago. It is tasty and a great "week day" fix!

Chicken and Dumplings
Number 42
By: Laura Fowell via friend Kristin

Ingredients
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Cup Frozen Green Peas and Carrots
1 Cup cubed cooked chicken
1 can condensed creamy chicken soup
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup original Bisquick Mix
1/3 cup milk
Paprika

Directions
Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, peas, carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in a 3 quart saucepan, stir frequently.
In a separate bowl, stir Bisquick and remaining milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough in spoonfuls (approx 8) on too the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.

Cook uncovered over low heat for 10  minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer. 

*Cook's Note: I prefer to boil my own chicken, but in a pinch you could use precooked chicken.
For those watching their waist lines, choose the reduced sodium/fat soup.

Happy Dumplings!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment