Friday, December 10, 2010

Carmel Apple Cheesecake

The holidays are here and I am behind.

My promise to myself was 52 recipes for 52 weeks and I have about three weeks left for 16 recipes! The good thing is that I have that many recipes that I have tried NEW this year. It is just finding the time to post them. SO, you may be seeing a few posts a day to get it done! A promise to myself is a promise!

This lovely recipe was shared by my dear friend and former college roommate, Keli. She "borrowed" the recipe from Paula Deen! It is as pretty as it is delicious!

Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Number 38
By: Laura Fowell
Serves 8




Ingredients
One 21-ounce can apple pie filling
One 9-inch graham cracker crust
Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup caramel topping
12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Reserve 3/4 cup of the apple filling, set aside. Spoon the remaining filling into the crust. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature. Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan and heat for about a minute, or until spreadable. Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle the center with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.

*Cook's Note: I wish that I could claim this one for myself. It is DELICIOUS and pretty. But, a friend gave me the recipe and she "borrowed" it from Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons, Too!
From our experience, the hardest part is to wait for the cheesecake to come to room temperature. Be patient and it will turn our quite nicely!

Happy Cooking!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment