Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Bread Cake & Whipped Cream

Another wonderful fall recipe, from a wonderful friend - you guessed it, Elizabeth.

I made this last week for my "Fall on Over" for a "Girl's Afternoon In".

We had a wonderful afternoon visiting about hubbies, kids, work and life. Thank you to all my sweet girlsfriends who made time to share the afternoon together.

In keeping with the fall theme, we had Fall food... Spiced Sugar Cookies (check back soon for the super easy recipe) and Spiced Pumpkin Bread Cake.

*This recipe makes a large loaf, muffins, several mini loafs or one bunt cake. The recipe may easily be halved.

Spiced Pumpkin Bread Cake
Number 35
By: Elizabeth Dronet's friend, Julie

Ingredients
3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
15 oz can pumpkin
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
2/3 cup water

Directions
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in to mixed liquid ingredients.
Bake at 350 in a big loaf pan or bundt for 50-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean. For muffins or small loaf pans bake a shorter amount of time.

Serve with Whipped Cream.

In preparing this post for "posting" I realized that I have never shared my favorite Whipped Cream recipe. I have tried making whipped cream many different ways and this one is super easy and, bar far, my favorite. It is an old family recipe, one I found in my Grandmother's recipe box.

Whipped Cream
By: Aba Laura Davidson
Number 36

1 Cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Confectioner's Sugar (Powder Sugar)
*optional 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract

Beat on medium until peaks form.
Refridgerate.

Helpful Hint - place a metal mixing bowl and wisk in the freezer for several minutes prior to use.
Happy Fall!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment