Friday, November 5, 2010

No "wine"ing on your Birthday!

I am another year older, and wi"n"er, opps... I mean wiser!

For my birthday, my parent's presented me with a bottle of wine from the year I was born!

A bottle of 1978 Chateau La Grave

I did a little research and the vineyard it still around... Chateau La Grave

The website is in French and while I studied French for years, that in now more than half of my life ago and there is too much Spanish mingled into my memory to translate an entire website.
(Melissa and Danielle, I will be calling on your expertise!)

Back to the bottle of Chateau La Grave... we were worried that it would be a "Grave" mistake to open such a "classic" but with a twist of the corkscrew - we were celebrating a wonderful evening.

The experience was interesting and educational...

The wine was a white Bordeaux and it was fascinating to see it oxidize before our very eyes. Between the time that we opened the wine, decanted the wine, pour and enjoyed we witnessed an amazing change of color in the wine.

Have you ever enjoyed a "classic" wine?

Thank you Mom and Dad for the wine and for the experience!

Happy sipping!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment