Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stop here...

Tiaras and Trains is the theme for the twins second birthday!

I "borrowed" an idea from one of my favorite blogs...


We took Karla's design for the wedding sign and turned it into a TRAIN sign!



The twins, the hubby and I took a trip to Home Depot. We found all of the lumber in the "left overs" pile and we were able to get the lumber at a great discount. We bought some screws and white paint and we were on our way.

The main pole is 5 feet tall. The four base boards are two feet each. The train crossing "X" are two feet as well as the "Fowell Depot" name sign.



We started with the base and attached the base boards. We drilled a small started hole to make it easier. When placing the screws, we were careful to remember where the other screws were so that we didn't have a collision!



A coat of fresh paint...

Then it was to the crossing.

Before affixing the crossing and depot station name, I decided to paint them.

Using another great idea from Karla, I printed out my letters on the computer (using the "outline) as not to waste ink. I then traced the letters on to the wood.

The last coat is drying and I am looking forward to posting the final project.
The kids love it and I am pretty proud of this little project!

Happy Days!
Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment