Sunday, February 7, 2010

We finished a big week with lil' burgers!

First off, we had a long week! So, I decided to have some "down home" cooking with a flair. When the hubby arrived home from work on Friday, the grill was going! I made "mini burgers" (NUMBER 6) with "full size" onion rings. I bought small dinner rolls from the grocery store and made small patties. We grilled them for 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side. I knew we wanted eight mini burgers. The biggest challenge was figuring out how big (or small) to make the patties so that we would end up with eight, Then I remembered a trick I saw on Rachael Ray this week when she made her Super Bowl Sunday meatballs - scoring the meat so you know how much to use. I scored the meat into quarters and made two patties out of each quarter. I used about 1 pound of meat total. It was a fun good ole dinner with a twist. 

Oh, and by the way, we tried a new wine. It is only sold in the "Lone Star State". It is called "Mission" and a portion of the proceeds of the sale of the wine goes back to the Alamo!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment