Monday, February 15, 2010

Cabinets a la Its the Little Things..... reprised

Remember my post last week about Karla's idea for the "Wall of Oak"???


We did it! Saturday morning, the twins went down for a nap and I got out the electric screwdriver.
Here is our "BEFORE"

The "Wall of Oak" in all it's glory....



and here is the "DURING"

~~~gotta love electric screw drivers~~~


and here is our "AFTER"...



What do you think????


Close ups of each side.




Side by side.... to take a vote!!!

In an effort to make the change even more special, I decorated some of the shevles with items that the hubby and I have collected on our trips to Chile. Starting on the left... the first shelf has the two small jars (a jam jar and a sugar bowl) which are from a small country grocery store in Donihue. The hubby's family has a country home in Donihue. The second shelf - a trivet from Concha y Toro vineyard outside of Santiago. On the right side, the first shelf has a small milk jug from the small country store in Donihue and the third shelf has a wine bottle coaster from Concha y Torro.

I do have to make a qualification.... Karla made a wonderful suggestion to line the back fo the cabinet with wrapping paper to offset the items in the cabinet. On her blog, she details the trial and error of one paper and the triumph of another. I have not gotten up the will to try it yet. I have contimplated painting the back of the cabinet red - it just seems so permanent.

I would love any suggestions or thoughts on how you think it turned out!

Happy Cooking!!!
Laura

P.S. I have a few projects brewing.... a kids table that belonged to my great grandfather and an antique sewing table that belonged to my great grandmother. I also am looking forward to two parties this weekend - a playdate on Saturday and a family day with empanadas on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment