Monday, March 29, 2010

Lace Eggs Centerpeice

We are hosting Easter this year and I have been racking my brain over a centerpiece.
What to do, what to do....

I wanted something new and different and creative and Eastery (if that is even a word)!

Leave it to Martha to help me find my way!

Lace Eggs
By: Martha Stewart


Tools and Materials
Eggs
Standard egg dye
Rubber Bands
Inexpensive lace trimmings
Scissors
Foam Board fitted with flathead pins

Lace Egg How-to
1. Cut lace into strips long enough to wrap around eggs and still have enough to form a sash for holding
2. Wrap eggs, securing lace with rubber bands. Dye eggs according to dye pachage instructions. Lift out, cut off rubber bands, and unwrap lace. Let dry on foam board fitted with flathead pins. 

Original Posting can be found here. You can even watch a video of Martha trying it herself!

 When I found this, I was super excited!!!
I am going to attempt these on Saturday morning. I will take pictures and I will report back!

I am even more excited about her FABULOUS idea of making a
drying rack with foam board and flathead pins!
Happy Cooking and Happy Eastering!!!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment