Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Salad

In preparing for our Christmas Day lunch, I have been "tossing" (no pun intended) around a few ideas. I think that I have come up with a salad that all will enjoy.

Laura's Christmas Salad
By: Laura Fowell
Number 45

Ingredients
Candied Almonds
Toasted Pecans
Dried Cranberries
Mixed Greens
Dressing (Elizabeth's Dressing)

Directions

Candied Almonds
Place sliced almonds in a saute pan with a small amount of butter and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir constantly. Allow to dried on parchment paper and break into small pieces.

Toasted Pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Place pecans on a cookie sheet.
Brush melted butter evenly across pecans. Place in oven for 6 to 10 minutes. Toss twice.

Dressing  
I am borrowing an idea from my friend's cooking blog.
I have changed the dressing recipe to fit my salad needs. Here is the original link.

1 cup veg. oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 t salt
dash black pepper

Combine and chill.

Salad
Rinse and pat dry leaves. Add toasted pecans, candied almonds and dried cranberries.
Add dressing immediately before serving.

Enjoy!

Happy Christmas!
Laura

 


No comments:

Post a Comment