Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Lighter Side of Things...

I heard somewhere that in order to have a "good" blog, you should have two-three postings a week at a minimum, I am failing miserably if that is the case.
But, I am still cooking and still trying to share some great recipes. Even if it is not as often as I would like!
This past weekend the Hubby and I took the twins to our favorite place in the Heart of Texas.
It has been over a year and a half since we have been and it will NEVER be that long again!

Deep in the Heart of Texas is a wonderful place, Lake Belton.
My dad was born and grew in Central Texas and most of my childhood memories steam from the Heart of Texas with my family.

We so badly wanted to share this wonderful place with our precious twins, it was just a matter of waiting for the right time.
And we waited.... it was finally the right time.
We had a FABULOUS vacation!

I cooked some yummy treats and I wanted to share a breakfast recipe that was easy for weekend traveling and served as a nice breakfast for three mornings.

At one point or another, we have all had the DELICIOUS breakfast sausage and cheese casserole! It is one that I hold near and dear to my heart. But, speaking of hearts and... waistlines, I put a twist on the dear old casserole and tried a lighter version. It was light, fluffy, filling, and well.... try it yourself.

The "Lighter" Breakfast Casserole
Number 16
Laura Fowell

Ingredients
One Dozen Eggs
Two Cups Cheddar Cheese
One Package of Low Fat or Reduced Fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Deli Turkey, 9 oz finely chopped
9 x 13 Dish
Pam

Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly spray dish with Pam
Open the Crescent Rolls and unroll
Lightly pack the crescent rolls along the bottom of the dish
Set aside

Lightly beat the dozen eggs with a fork just until all of the yokes are broken
Pour the eggs into the dish over the crescent rolls
Sprinkle the turkey over the eggs
Add the cheese on top

Bake for 30 minutes

Allow to sit for 10 minutes as it will be very hot.

Cook's Note: You can lighten further by just using whites on six of the eggs. Additionally, these ingredients can be prepared the night before and just pop in the oven in the morning.






Happy Cooking!
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment